Cupids Day off:This comic has varying panels on each page all of which are rectangular though with the exception of the second page where the large rectangle is split into 3 sections.
This appears to me as the expected comic style the average person would think of when they hear comic. Its colorful, funny, and cartoony.
Not all the panels are written words, and many have words to represent sounds.
I like the bright vivid colors and playfulness of the style the creator uses. I personally find it easier to follow, see, and understand the simple cartoony comics, this may be do to my personal visual situation.
The story was comical and the ending was hilarious. It contained shock value with in the story to go along with the comedy and draw attention.
I personally find it easier to follow, see, and understand the simple cartoony comics, this may be do to my personal visual situation.
ReplyDeleteDo you think it's easier for you to follow images that are (in McCloud's sense) boldly iconic and uncluttered? What would be an example of a comic with a contrasting approach, something that doesn't fit the "simple cartoony" style? Would something like "War-Fix" be such an example?
You may not be the only one that feels this way! I personally prefer "cartoony" styles to photorealism, though I think that's a matter of aesthetic preference rather than legibility. Do you think it's a matter of legibility in your case?
It's good to see you writing about this comic, but I'd like to see you go into more detail about how and why the comic uses form. Can you sustain and extend the analysis a bit, so that I can better appreciate your analytical skills?
Yes warfix was defiantly more difficult for me to follow. Yes mccloud was simple to follow as well.
ReplyDeleteI think the author uses colorful pages and very curvy characters to further exagerate the topic of love. He takes love as a joke in the comic because not everyone takes love seriously. Love is seen as sex and everyone has to have it at any means. and if you think about it there are weird people who will do it with anyone or anything! It's also ironic because Cupid is supposed to represent love but in the comic he's always angry. He then gets shot by the women and they fall in love. People are the same way. We sometimes act like Cupid and try to match people up with others or ourselves.
ReplyDelete